Friday, October 1, 2010

Chronic pain...what does that mean to you?

Once upon a time, I was raised with a father that had chronic pain issues, how did I know he was in pain?  Facial expressions, face turning from white to red to white again, gripping one part of his body, leaving family events and the list goes on and on and on...

What does that have to do with me as an adult?  Well, my father has taught me to live with my chronic pain without trying to annoy everyone around me.  He has taught me that just because I am in pain, I don't need to ruin events with whining.  Sometimes you have to take pain meds when you don't really want to because they make you feel like crap.  So you take the meds so you can be there for your family.

I am so sorry that my dad has been in pain for so long now, I wish I could take that pain away.  The funny thing is I know he wishes he could take my pain away.  I hear it in his voice, the need to fix me and he can't.  But he is so supportive of me and he doesn't ever complain when I can't be around,  he understands.  I am so thankful for the wonderful Daddy I have and I am so glad he taught me to be strong during the season of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment